Nothing like a sacrificial lamb to give your winless team a boost. Maccabi Haifa B.C. is an Israeli powerhouse, but in their NBA preseason power tour they’re 0-3, their latest loss coming courtesy of your Memphis Grizzlies.
This was a great tune-up game for the Grizz, and they took advantage of it, playing every starter (except Prince, a coach’s decision) for at least 20 minutes.
- Seven Grizzlies scored in double figures: Miller, Randolph, Gasol, Allen, Conley, Bayless, and Koufos.
- Memphis shot 59.7% from the floor, and 50% from three. They never trailed. (Sure, this was little more than a scrimmage, but we should take good in-game shooting where we can get it.)
- Mike Miller was back on from distance, hitting 2 of 3.
- Kosta Koufos notched a double-double with 10 points (5-6) and 12 rebounds in 21 minutes.
- Gasol and Randolph looked particularly good, together dishing 9 assists (many to each other) and netting 28.
- Tony Allen had NINETEEN! What?
The final score of 116-70 was MHBC’s worst loss yet.
The Grizzlies’ next preseason opponent is Milwaukee, at 8:00 p.m. CT on Tuesday.