Vince Carter Signs, Randolph Celebrates Birthday, Miller Departs and more in this week’s Grizzlies Weekend Roundup!
- Vince Carter, signed with the Memphis Grizzlies for a three-year, $12.2 million contract. He was officially introduced to the press on Monday. Carter, who is 37, had a fantastic season with the Dallas Mavericks last year, culminating in a game winner in the first round of the playoffs.
- Happy Birthday to franchise superstar Zach Randolph! Randolph turned 33 this week on July 16th.
- Mike Miler, has chosen to leave the Grizzlies and join former Heat teammate Lebron James in his new journey on the Cleveland Cavaliers. Miller will get a two-year deal worth $5.5 million, with a player option on the second year.
- Ed Davis has left the Grizzlies and signed with the Los Angeles Lakers on Wednesday. Davis will get a two-year deal reportedly worth $2 million.
- Iowa Energy General Manager, Chris Makris, is rumored to be the next General Manager of the Memphis Grizzlies. He currently serves as the director of minor league operations for Memphis.
- Kosta Koufos, the Grizzlies backup center, has informed the Greek National team he will not play at the FIBA World Cup being held in Spain.
- Beno Udrih, resigned with the Memphis Grizzlies for a two-year deal worth $2.1 million.
- Former Grizzlies Head Coach Lionel Hollins, compared Memphis to the ‘stone age’ in his press conference for the Brooklyn Nets.
- The 2014/2015 Grizz Girls have been selected! Photos can seen over at NBA.com
That’s all for this Weekend Roundup Grizzlies fans!