Ed Stefanski Hired, Chris Wallace Retained and more Front Office Moves!
- Grizzlies named Ed Stefanski as Executive Vice President of Player Personnel. Stefanski, is well known for his pursuits on the Sixers and Nets. His eye for talent has netted notables like Andre Iguodala, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson and Jrue Holiday.
- Rip that interim GM label off! Chris Wallace is officially reinstated as our humble team’s General Manager. Wallace reportedly signed a deal with the Grizzlies spanning three-years.
- Jeff Bzdelik, has signed on to Coach Joerger’s staff as an assistant coach. Bzdelik arrives to the Grizzlies with experience as head coach at both the professional and college level. He previously led the Nuggets to a First Round playoff birth in the 2003-04 season.
- The ink is dry for veteran shooting coach John Townsend, the Grizzlies’ new Director of Player Development. Townsend previously spent time on the Toronto Raptors and Portland Trailblazers.
- Jason Wexler has been promoted to President of Business Operations for the Memphis Grizzlies and the FedEx Forum.
- Vince Carter will battle former team the Dallas Mavericks on October 20th this coming NBA preseason. Clearly worth a look for NBA League Pass.
- The Memphis Grizzlies have formally announced the addition of their own team license plate! The speciality plate can be pre-ordered at this link on NBA.com.
- Former Memphis Grizzlies Guard Jerryd Bayless has signed a two-year contract with the Milwaukee Bucks worth $3 million. Bayless was an intricate part of the Grizzlies Western Conference Final run, being a go-to guy off the bench. His perimeter and three point shooting were sorely missed last season.
That’s all for this Weekend Roundup! See you next time Memphis Grizzlies fans!